Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Paris ~ Ooh La La!

So, my daughter is infatuated with the idea of Paris... Could it be the food? (Not unless we are talking about macaroni and cheese.) Could it be the fashion? (Doubt it since she won't let me pick out her clothes anymore and instead chooses something I sometimes cringe to be seen with her wearing it in public...sorry, I know that was harsh.)Maybe it's the romantic feel. (Ummm....NOOOOO!!!!) Maybe I will be able to show her the Eiffel tower in person one day. (Yeah, when teachers make hourly salaries.) Anywho...

I am currently working on saying good-bye to the Princess room and hello to the Paris room. It is a work in progress and I hope to keep you updated. As for now, I have learned an important lesson. Do not send your husband to get paint when you are sick or the "hot pink" will become "fuchsia". Well, I'm making it work and lucky for me, it matches her new bedding just fine. But did I say fuchsia? WARNING: Do not proceed without glasses.


This is the Eiffel Tower. My first ever attempt at a mural. I think it turned out nicely. I wish I would've centered the "Ooh La La." My daughter's reaction was great, but her favorite part was the rhinestones. Go figure.


This is the after shot of the mirror.


You will not believe I found this precious jewel at The Potter's House for $8! I don't know about you, but it had French written all over it. I love black spray paint!!! It is my new bff.


Rhinestones = Paris, right? I'm not sure what I will put on it, but I was thinking of a white felt rosette ball.


This is the before shot of the candle holder...before the magic of black spray paint. Not bad for only $2 at The Potter's House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love positive words and encouraging thoughts. If you have any wonderful suggestions, I am all ears!