Friday, July 16, 2010

Black Kitchen Cabinets - To be or not to be?

I have fallen in love with the concept of updating old outdated oak colored kitchen cabinets into a chic, sophisticated black! Black is back!
The photo above is my cousin's cabinets in her new Indiana house. Blahhhhhhh.....
Here is the after! Let me hear it...Oooohhh...Aaaahhh!
Here's another before picture I found.
And after!!!
This room is gorgeous! It actually makes me want to cook in it and host a cooking show! (LOL!)
The distressed look.
This kitchen is too dark for my taste, but I love the zebra table decor!
I don't really like the marble backsplash on this one, but the lighting under the cabinets is something I could live with!
Nice clean cut style with red accents. :)
These gorgeous black cabinets are from http://www.crown-point.com/.

Above is Gwyneth Paltrow's kitchen. Love, love, love!!!!

Another shot of the one with red accents.
More distressing.
I like the glass panels that enable you to bring in color accents to brighten the black.

So, I would love to paint my ugly, outdated, oak babies a nice black sheen, but I have a smaller kitchen and deep red walls. I think it would be too dark for my space. I prefer the black cabinets with a taupe colored wall don't you? And, I definitely am not about to repaint my walls and my cabinets. Maybe one day in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,

    I love the look of black cabinets, I think you should go for it!

    Thanks for stopping by & commenting on my Skimstone countertop post. To answer your question, it was not difficult at all. It was not very labor intensive. The drying time and sanding was the most time consuming thing. The only thing that made it difficult was the fact that it was the first time we had done anything like this, so we were just unsure if we were doing it completely correct. That is why I thought I would share our progress on my blog because I couldn't find much first-hand info on the web. I will say that I am THRILLED with the results so far! I am putting the top coats on today, so it should all be finisthed by tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchen Cabinets

    Looks amazing!!!! /I look forward to your feedback /thanks for this man it was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too.All the posts are amazing. I would love to rack your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.
    Kitchen sinks

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love positive words and encouraging thoughts. If you have any wonderful suggestions, I am all ears!